Start up phase track
Start up phase projects have to submit a complete business plan of max. 30 pages as well as a jury presentation. While working on their business plans and presentations the teams can benefit from extensive coaching and feedback by BOB coaches. Before the jury presentations, which will be held by the project teams personally, the three best projects of each category of the start up track have the opportunity to take part in a coaching and presentation workshop.
- After registration contestants can log in to use the online submission tool.
- Online submission of the business plan and the jury presentation. Participants develop a fully-fledged business plans. BoB coaches are on hand to provide active support.
- Format of the business plan:
1. Written in English
2. ≤ 35 pages including appendix, diagrams and tables
3. Format: Word or PDF-document, Paper size A4, font size
10-12, line spacing 1-1.5
4. Apart from the content, the formal quality of the business plan
will also be evaluated. The formal criteria are length
(≤ 35 pages), structure as outlined below, clarity, precision,
relevance and whether the explanations provided are easy to
5. The content of each business plan is specific to the underlying
business concept, however, all business plans should cover
- Detailed help on how to set up and formalize the business idea summary is provided in section 2 of the BoB Handbook
- At the one-to-one meetings the participants are provided with an intensive coaching in industrial property rights, market research, business strategy and finance. Participation in these one-on-one meetings is not mandatory, but highly recommended. The meetings take place at our regional partners. For meeting scheduling, please directly contact our coaches via e-mail.
- Jury presentation: 10-page PowerPoint presentation (excluding 1 title page and back-up slides) to convince the jury of the potential of the business plan and to explain the underlying concept. The business plan presentation should follow the structure of the business plan above.
- Selection of the best three start up projetcs by category (biotech/pharma, digital health and medtech) and invitation of up to two team leaders of the respective teams to an intensive coaching session. During this event, experts provide individualized feedback and advice on the business idea, the pitching is simulated and an intensive presentation training to refine presentation techniques is organized. Participation in this coaching session is not obligatory, but highly recommended.
- Following the coaching session, optional resubmission of the reworked business plans and the jury presentation. If no updated version of the business plan is submitted, the original version will be evaluated by the jury.
- The jury presentations will be performed in person to an international jury of distinguished experts from the worlds of science, industry and finance. The jury will then select the best start up project by category.
- Announcement of the winning teams will take place at the award ceremony and gala closing festivity in Vienna. All teams are invited to the award ceremony.